Friday 11 November 2011

"Vogue Patterns" Winner + SHOULD I HAVE BOUGHT THIS?



Readers, I am delighted to announce the winner of the Dec 2011/Jan 2012 issue of Vogue Patterns with my vintage sewing machine article in it. 

She's a motorcycle-riding fiber artist from the Lone Star State, please put you hands together for RatherBeSewing! 

RatherBeSewing, be sure to email me (peterlappinnyc at gmail dot com) with your mailing address and I'll get the magazine off to you ASAP.  Congratulations!

In other news, friends, occasionally while trolling the sewing machine listings on eBay, I come across something that strikes me as simultaneously desirable and repellent.  I saw this lamp listed earlier in the week and I couldn't decide whether it was really cool or ugly as all get out.  In the end, I decided to let it go.



But I just discovered that it's been relisted (no one bid the first time, do you believe it?).  Anyone who's interested has until November 16 to bid!

Friends, I must ask you -- what do you think of this lamp?   Is it a must-have for any sewing fanatic, or does it have "Daily Ditch" written all over it?

I can't decide.    Maybe with a slightly larger shade....?

It's called a "sewing machine replica," but as far as I can tell, that's a real sewing machine under there.  I mean, what kind of replica would have both a bobbin winder and a feed dog drop lever?

In closing, are you the type of person who buys sewing-related kitsch: pencil sharpeners, clocks, things like that?  At MPB, we don't judge, so fess up.


Happy Friday, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment